Ways to Take Action Today!
- Sign the Adoptee Support Letter for an inclusive Adoptee Citizenship Act of 2019
Show your support for the Adoptee Citizenship Act of 2019 by signing the petition here. We deliver petition signatures to U.S. Congressmembers to demonstrate constituent support (please enter your full street address) for the Adoptee Citizenship Act! After signing, please help us share the petition widely!
- Contact Your Congressional Members
- It’s important that members of Congress hear from their constituents about this issue. Let them know that you support the Adoptee Citizenship Act and citizenship for ALL adoptees. Find out who your Representative and Senators are by entering your address below.
- See our helpful guides (with scripts and templates) to email, call, write to your Congressional members.
- Participate in our upcoming Twitter Storm to support the Adoptee Citizenship Act
- Coming soon.
- Meet with Reps + A4J
- Help us get a virtual meeting with your Representative and Senators! Constituent meetings are essential to bring issues like adoptee citizenship to the attention of Congress members and build support for the bill. We’ll guide you through every step of the way with support from our staff. Sign up here.
- Contribute to the our COVID Emergency Relief Fund supporting adoptees without citizenship make ends meet during the COVID-19 pandemic, donate to Adoptee Defense Fund to help adoptees without citizenship pay for legal and mental health services, or help us our organization running by donating to our Organizing Fund. Learn more about our funds here.
- Follow Us
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with our campaign for the Adoptee Citizenship Act and our advocacy work.
- Join the Movement–Become a Volunteer or an Organizational Ally
- Join the movement! Become a volunteer or a partner organization with Adoptees for Justice. Fill out the Volunteer with Us Form.
- Connect with Others/Become a Local Leader
- We can help connect you with others in your city or state to contact legislators, plan events, promote a local resolution, and organize with adoptees. Also, don’t forget to check out our Outreach Toolkit for outreach resources on local and national campaigns for the Adoptee Citizenship Act.
- IF YOU ARE AN ADOPTEE WITHOUT CITIZENSHIP
Please contact us for assistance or to share your story through the Contact Form for Impacted Adoptees.